I hosted my book club’s 4th anniversary meeting last night and knew I wanted to spend more time talking than in the kitchen. This pot pie is SOOO easy!
To add a homemade touch, I opted out of a second pie crust for the top and made a Biscuit Topper found in the Better Homes & Gardens cookbook of 1967 (my favorite).
*I didn’t have anything thawed, you can put it together frozen and keep in freezer. Just make the biscuit topper later. You can cook frozen. I’d bake for 20 min, add the topper and then bake an additional 20 min.
Turkey Pot Pie:
1/2 C Milk
1C Cubed Turkey/Chicken
1 9oz pkg frozen mixed veggies (thawed)
1 pie crust (thawed)
1 can crm of chicken soup (condensed)
1. Pour veggies and meat into pie crust
2. Mix soup & milk and pour over
3. Make biscuit topper (below)
4. Bake 10 min at 400 degrees
5. Add biscuit topper and bake an additional 20 min.
1. Sift following together
1 C Flour
1 Tbsp sugar
1.5 tsp baking powder
1/4 tsp salt
2. Cut in 1/4 C butter until crumbly
3. mix 1/4 C milk and slightly beaten egg
4. add to mix and stir just to moisten